View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
bstanbro

This is a little comical story, but I just have to share. When I was working, I was a social worker in private practice, and I specialized in grief and loss. One of my clients lost her mother and told me a story about her brother visiting Mom's grave. (I'm changing the story a little bit to protect her privacy, but you'll get the idea.) While he was visiting the grave, a robin came and sat on the headstone the entire time he was there. Very close, and seemingly unafraid. He felt as if it was their mother sitting there--enough that she felt compelled to share the story with me.

There had been some robins nesting outside my office window for several weeks, and they would come to the window and peck on it--pecking at their own reflections I think. It was very distracting when they started doing it, and it was hard for my clients to concentrate. So as she was telling this story, I said silently to myself, "Puh-leeeeaze don't start pecking on the window just now." Fortunately, they didn't. I think it would have freaked her out!!!