Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i started that topic telling you about the incident at the airshow over the weekend; last night i was reading some of the replies to my hubby and he was laughing all over again, then he said, what did they all say (meaning all of you) about the last time, when Ashley was assaulted? omg, i have completely forgotten about that time.
WE ARE SLOW LEARNERS I GUESS...we keep taking our quilts everywhere...
3 years ago, on the 4th of July we were in the park, myself, kids, and granddaughters...it was after the parade; this woman walked up to my granddaughter (she was 10 at the time) and literally yanked her quilt right out of her hands and demanded to know 'WHERE IS YOUR MOTHER?!?' I turned around and came to the rescue...along with the person whom i had been standing talking with 5 feet away...he was the town chief of police :-D . said woman was very obnoxious, (maybe drunk at 11am?) she was so 'indignant' she wound up going to jail...cited for public disturbance and assaulting a child...she paid lots in fines and was ordered probation for a year!
AND WE STILL TAKE OUR QUILTS EVERY WHERE WE GO
ya think we are just 'asking for it'? or just slow....
I look forward to the next time...slowly but surely disbanding the gastapo...
what really amazes me is that these things happen in the open when there are literally thousands of people around, they are so sure of themselves...
the one this year was probably in her 60's...so maybe menapause (but i never behaved in any close way to this when i went through it)
the one who assaulted my granddaughter...she was maybe 30...