View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:18 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Lori L
How did you hand draw on the fabric? That's something I've never tried but sounds really neat. Of course.....I can't draw a stick man and have it look like a stick man :)
I practiced first on a little scrap of muslin to see what kind of pressure I needed to apply and then I just went for it without any sketching first. I figured if I messed it up, I could just make another block but both blocks turned out good for first tries. I wanted that 30's look so spaced them far enough apart and it worked. I don't think anyone would've known unless I told them first. lol. Just use Pigma Pens or any permanent markers. I love Sharpies too and have them in all colors and they would've worked well but needed a finer point marker so I didn't use the Sharpies as their tips are broad. You could always get your children to draw with the markers on a plain white muslin square and you could make an entire quilt of their drawings!! You can even do it yourself with no drawing experience by making cardboard templates and drawing the outlines and filling in with thread, ink, glitter, fabric, beads, etc. Hope you'll try it -- you'll love it!!

:D :D