View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 06:57 AM
stitchhappy

Originally Posted by GailG
When I see the great condition your "find" is in, I could just sit down and cry. A few years ago my DH "surprised" me with an 1896 Singer treadle machine in one of those cabinets that have the box cover. I'm sure, at one time, it was a gorgeous machine. But it needs so much help now, and I don't know where or how to start. The cabinet has veneer issues. It is in dire need of cleaning. The decals are mostly worn away, etc. etc. etc. It has been hogging space in my overfilled sewing room and I don't know what to do with it. It will hurt him tremendously if I get rid of it. He already says I don't "use" it. teeheehee Pardon my venting. I just want to tell you how gorgeous your machine is.
I don't know if you are talking to me or butterflywing but mine was my grandmothers. I love it. As for yours, I still would keep it, but I'm a packrat. I try not to get rid of anything "sewing" which is why my sewing room is packed. I did clean and organize so now I'm justified. I'm the only one in there anyway except for my cats and dogs when I'm sewing.

:D