Thread: Sewing Room
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
CAKELSEY

Originally Posted by Sewze
I have read through this entire thread with interest because we have an 1920's empty farmhouse that was completely remodeled in the 70's with central air and heat (oil) on our farm, which we bought in '89. We lived in that house until we built our new house(on the farm)in 2002. Since moving into the new house, we have only allowed our grown children & families to live in the house until they could relocate; therefore, the house is in pretty decent shape. I have been contemplating moving my sewing/quilting/crafts into that house and was wondering about the necessity for keeping the oil furnace on in the Winter (down into the teens) and the AC in the Summer (90's -110 this year). I know the oil does put out soot around the floor vents and the humidity can get fairly high in the Summer without the AC on; but, it is about 2400sq ft. and I hate the expenses that they create. Can anyone tell me if it will harm the equiptment, including a LA if the AC only ran in the warmest hrs & the furnace in the coldest hrs.?
Oh, what I wouldn't give for a house that big....and in good shape. I'm sorry I can't help you out with your questions but I'm sure if you don't get any answers thru my thread if you would start one of your own you would get a lot of help. There is so much knowledge among these board members I know someone could help. Carol