View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:03 PM
osmom

My "mom and dad" took me straight from the hospital. Mom was 52 at the time. Their daughter could not take care of me as she went threw a nervous breakdown when her soon to be husband sold everything and drained the bank accounts and left her while she was pregnant with me and at work. She was in love with him and he basically said he did not care for her by his actions. I feel bad for her but I do not think that going loco because of a man is right! Anywho.....
I really do not know how mom did it. I miss her as I lost her a few years ago at christmas time- she had dementia and back problems (I am currently 35 with 3 children). She will always be my mom even though she was grandma. I miss her terribly. She raised 6 kids and 1 grandchild (for which I am grateful). I wish I had a quarter of the energy she did at 52.
I love my parents dearly (grandma and grandpa) they taught me to speak Polish and have nurtured and raised me right. My dad is going down hill now too and I feel absolutely lost that he is not going to be around forever- he is 87. That is the only thing that stinks- I did not have as much time with my mom as my other siblings did (btw my oldest "sister" (remember they had 6 kids before I came along) could have been my mother :)
Another thing is I did not find out they were not my parents but grandparents until I was a teenager.