Thread: Scorpions!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Artsyfartsy

Originally Posted by jackkip
Luckily no one in our house has ever been bitten. I just freak out at the sight of them. We find them all the time in the swimming pool. But when they start coming into the house, I really don't like it. :shock:
I think its been mentioned, but a black light will help you find them in low light or in the dark. :)

The rule for scorpions is, the smaller they are, the more toxic the venom in the tail end is.

I'm in the Midwest, and all we happen to have is black widows, brown recluse, snakes and mice. My gray cat is a good hunter, but she likes to bring live mice to me while I'm sleeping and drop them on my head.

Not a good way to wake up at 4 am, let me tell you. :) Hubby does not like spiders, and he's always getting jumped on and screaming like a little girl. I can't help laughing when that happens, if you saw what a big wookie man he was you would too, trust me. :)

Our neighbors are phobic of snakes, and we get pretty large corn snakes here. I leave them alone because they eat vermin, and that's fewer mice the cat can have. My neighbors have panic attacks, so when they see one in the pool or garage they give me a call. I go over with my grabbit tool and fish them out or remove them. Most of the time they are just babies. I've yet to find one over four feet. (Those in my back yard can get up to six and over.)

The one insect I'm leery of? Wasps and other kinds of bees. I'm very allergic. We try very hard to leave them alone unless they build homes too close to where I work outside.

For the most part, when it comes to creepie crawlies, I'm pretty mellow.