Thread: Scorpions!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:31 PM
kristen0112

Originally Posted by Lyn
Originally Posted by kristen0112
yuck! I have never seen one live -probably because I live in Oregon. And I am glad I have never seen one. How big are they? Can you squish them or are they too big? I guess it could be messy huh? When we were in Florida last there was a HUGE water cock roach in our room. It freaked my DD whose 16, it was slow I was fast and it made a big mess. I left it for the hotel staff it was in the entry area which was really big - yuck. I am ok with bugs for the most part they might creep me out but I can usually squish them without problem. BUT snakes I would be screaming and jumping on the closest table or tall object.
You would freak in the south. I know, I grew up in Oregon. Only have Banana slugs and daddy long legs. Scorpions can be the size of your finger tip(a baby) or 1/2 the size of your hand as we saw in El Paso. Tucson has desert cockroaches that are 3-4" long.(I swear they were a foot) One early morning my family was moving across country (military) and my husband and I were driving seperate cars. We stopped to fill up in Tucson. He felt something hit his shoulder. He looked over and all he could see was the antenea coming over his shoulder and he brushed it off. After I finished filling up the car he was laughing and said look up. I looked up, let out a scream and ran to the car and jumped inside. I would not come out. The ceiling at the gas station was crawling with them. Had I been filling up the car and it hit me the gas would have gone all over the station.
That gives me the creeps. One more good reason to live in Oregon no self serve the gas.