Thread: Scorpions!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
hereca622

Tucson has desert cockroaches that are 3-4" long.(I swear they were a foot) One early morning my family was moving across country (military) and my husband and I were driving seperate cars. We stopped to fill up in Tucson. He felt something hit his shoulder. He looked over and all he could see was the antenea coming over his shoulder and he brushed it off. After I finished filling up the car he was laughing and said look up. I looked up, let out a scream and ran to the car and jumped inside. I would not come out. The ceiling at the gas station was crawling with them. Had I been filling up the car and it hit me the gas would have gone all over the station.[/quote]

OMG!!!! I am a native South Texan and I could not have got in that car fast enough. I grew up with those stupid flying tree roaches or some call them water bugs and I still hate them. Our last two homes have been new, no roaches , just spiders. I don't care for spider either, but at least, they don't fly.
I have seen the scorpions at MILs in Palestine, TX. We always check our shoes and my children were never allowed to sleep on the floor there. The cats and dogs usually kept all the wild things under control.