Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
dgmoby

Please remember that just because we read something, anywhere, doesn't make it true or legal. Just because a magazine or some nameless person online says it's so, doesn't make it so. The law is the only thing that makes an action legal or illegal, and it can be interpreted or misinterpreted in any fashion. Even copyright attorney's disagree on this area of law, which is why it's in a constant state of flux and not easily understood.

I am an intelligent woman, as I know many of you are also, and I will continue to follow the same rules I always have. I do not lie, cheat or steal - ever. Reading a different interpretation of the copyright law anywhere, doesn't change my own level of integrity or influence my understanding of what that law means. Especially when I read statements from nameless people online, or in a publication of any sort, that has specific interests to protect. As a person of integrity, I will always follow the law. But I will not be swayed by people who stand to gain from influencing my personal understanding of said law.

That's my opinion...and I'm sticking to it :)