Thread: Thinning hair
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 AM
smagruder

Hello, I never had thick hair but as I am getting older it is thinning out a lot. I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a prescription to spray on my head twice a day. I think it is called "Colbrex".. VERY EXPENSIVE.... $440, but he gave me a coupon and I didn't pay anything for it. Thank goodness because it did not work. It is a med for Psoriosis. (sp)
My other option was to take steroid head shots. No, they didn't really hurt. It is slow but it does begin to show some hair growth. Due to insurance mess up, now on Medicare and having to change insurance cards three times, I have taken a break from the shots. I am now taking a pill, Biotin, for hair and growth. I get it at WalMart for about $5. I also am using a shampoo, Biolage, by Matrix, also from WalMart. A little more expensive than other shampoos but not bad. I think it is about $12. I haven't been using it very long so don't know about the results. My sister in law has a worse case than me and is using the Biotin, Biolage, and Rogaine. I can tell you that the shampoo does make your hair feel cleaner. I won't use the Rogaine because if you stop using it..... you will lose your hair. It is expensive and I can't see myself using it the rest of my life.
I hope this has been of some help. Good luck.