Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Central Ohio Quilter

I rarely go to Wal Mart, but I did go into our local one last week for something I could not find any where else. I had heard that the fabric departments were gone in most of the stores, but went looking around the store to see if ours was gone or not. Lo and behold, there was still a fabric section! It was smaller than it had been years ago before they remodeled, but it was still there.

I browsed through the fabric and was pleasantly surprised at the fabric that was there. It was better quality than I was expecting. I found some fabric that "spoke" to me. I hunted, and hunted for someone to cut the fabric for me. I finally hunted someone down in the shoe department who called on the intercom that someone needs help in the fabric department.

This is where the "good" part comes in - A young boy, about 16 years old, came to cut my fabric. !!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I told him that I needed 2 yards, and he actually looked like he knew what he was doing. He had been trained in how to measure and cut fabric.

But ........ when it came time to cut the fabric, he took a pair of scissors off a hook (these scissors clearly said on them "For FABRIC only!) and tried to cut the fabric. Those scissors would not even start to cut the fabric. They must have been extremely dull, dull, dull!!! He tried a different pair of scissors. They cut through the fabric, but the cut looked like he had chewed the fabric off with his teeth. I was wincing and grimacing the entire time he was cutting.

He noticed my expressions, and he asked my if he had done OK. I told him that pair of scissors had just chewed up the fabric so badly. I would have asked him to recut it, but I don't think there were any scissors that would have worked any better. So I just asked him if he could charge me for 1 1/2 yards of the fabric instead of 2 yards. He said - sure.

I came home and told my husband this story, and then reminded him "THIS IS WHY I TELL YOU NEVER TO USE MY SEWING SCISSORS FOR ANYTHING!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: