View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Navy Wife

Originally Posted by SheilaS
Originally Posted by Navy Wife
The Creative Touch is the Pfaff version of Bernina 830. There are 2 less expensive ones. Just wanted to give fair warning!
Hi Navywife,
Your comment intrigued me. Pfaff has Creative 2.0, 4.0 & the top of the range Creative Vision, all combination machines with the wide harp, ranging from $A3000 to $10,000. The Bernina 830 is the only combo machine with a wide harp that Bernina does. So could you please explain your comment, I would to save some money on my purchase!
The Pfaff creative 2.0 and 4.0 are the less expensive machines in the embroidery line. They lack some features of the Creative Touch. There is also the Expressions line which are not embroidery machines. The 3.0 has the wide harp and is called the Quilt Expression. If you will go to Pfaff.com all the machines are shown and their features and differences are listed. I'm sure Bernina has the same thing on their site, as well as Viking and Janome and any other brand of machine. There is one main thing to remember. Any brand of machine is only as good as the dealer you buy it from! Not just for repairs, but classes, information, and extras not included in the original package. Also, the dealer can help you with financing and even give you a better price than the one shown... but not always! No matter who you talk to, we all have our favorites and our opinions. You have to try them out, spend some time with the dealer talking about the good and bad points, and then decide which one is best for YOU. I love Pfaff. I bought my first one in 1989. I also have a little Janome which travels with me. I love it also! I've had very good luck with both as far as performance and durability. Someone else may not have had that experience!