View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
PKWard

Well, there are some things that are constant in Houston...the traffic and humidity! :) I haven't been to the Quilt Show in several years, so I am really looking forward to it this year. I have been busy raising kids, but since my two oldest daughters got married this year, the nest has emptied a little and I have some extra space. Sewing is filling the little hole that has been left in my heart. I am sure in time there will be grandbabies! :)

Originally Posted by greensleeves
In the 80's and 90's when I lived and taught school in West Houston I worked week-ends and evenings at the Katy area JoAnns. They were reputed to be the highest volume store in the Houston area, one reason being that people drove in from the small towns west of Houston. I can remember having to "herd" people out the door at 9pm and on Saturday I would often not be able to leave the cutting table from 9am to 2pm due to the amount of customers. And I might say I could cut fabric very fast and accurately so the long lines weren't due to the cutters being slow. I enjoyed my time there and hope they are relocating as a Super Store and are still enjoying a good customer base. I miss all the fabric and quilt stores in the Houston area and also the Houston Quilt Festival but sure don't miss the traffic and humidity.