Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM
mzsooz

I always picked my battles carefully. One battle I chose not to have was over makeup, hair and clothes. I let my girls do what they wanted. We survived the Goth and Punk styles and I am now trying to survive the "scene" style with my 16 yo DD.

My theory is that teenagers are going to rebel. That is their nature. So I chose to let my girls rebel with their appearances. I let them have multiple piercings on ears only. No body or face piercings. Other than that they could do whatever. Neither of my girls tried drugs or sex. My oldest stayed pure til she was 20. Of course now she is a wife and mother! And my 16 yo is still pure. I consider that since I got them both this far that I made it. My youngest's friends all had sex when they were like 13! And they all either use or have tried drugs.

Every mother I know that was overly strict are the ones with the wild kids. I'm proud of my girls. They are sweet, intelligent, respectful, independent young women :D :D :D

Kelsey then
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97906[/ATTACH]

Darcy now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98194[/ATTACH]

Darcy then
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98195[/ATTACH]

Kelsey now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98196[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-97901.jpe   attachment-98189.jpe   attachment-98190.jpe   attachment-98191.jpe