Old 10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
stchn4livn

Here is what just happened in my house. Last Friday my daughter(12 next month) was disrespectful, rude, disobeyed the sitter who happens to be my sister. She also hurt her feelings and was mean to the dog. I was at work when this happened. I found out the story two days later and grounded her from music, games, computer (not school work), made her write a letter of apology and the tv. So far everyone says that I should not have grounded her including my sister. And best of all they told her it was not fair. Tonight she did it to me and she will be punished in the morning when I am not angry. I did make her go to her room and aside from telling her she hurt my feelings I told her what I truely believe--
It is far easier to allow they to do and say as they please and it takes a parent who loves you to punish you and guide you to become a good person and one day a good parent. Far to many parents don't take the time and pain in the *** to teach and show their children right from wrong. Just my opinion--Katie