Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Sanhope
If you haven't put it in a dryer try an artist brush clearner. There is a package you can purchase in craft store like Michaels or Art Supply (or an artist friend) that has:
1. Kiss off to remove just about everything.
2.The Masters Brush Clearner
3. bar of Masters hand soap. This runs about $7.00 or so.
An acrylic artist pink brush cleaner that is liquid is also good.

I have successfully removed dark brown dried acrylic car model paint for a pale beige carpet. My grandson and friend used cardboard and newspaper to protect but it just somehow got on the carpet. I was visiting and ran for the emergency kit yelling I can get it out -- and I did.
It will take a little slow work but it is worth a little more time to save your wonderful work of art.
Thank you so much, Sanhope!! Know that everyone appreciates hearing your tips and experience! Kissoff is good and I know people will love having these tips at hand when they run across a similar accident like your DGS had! It's so good to know there is Masters hand soap that WILL remove it unlike so many products that have failed us quilters! Thank you again!!

:-D :-D :-D Also, welcome to the QB as we know you will love it here in all that you see and learn!! ;-) :D :thumbup: