Old 10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by sylviak
I, too, like a very fine line for marking. I've been using the Fons & Porter marking pencil. It has two different kinds of "lead", one white for dark fabrics and one dark for lighter fabrics. The marks come out just by brushing...no problem. You might consider using this rather than ink. Hope one of these suggestions work. My DH gets ink stains in his pockets, so I'll be checking back to find out what works best! Good luck!
Thank you, sylviak!! Those F&P pencils are great I hear and I've surely read up on them before but I would probably steer closer toward a colored ink that's removable being the artist I am and loving colors the most. Since your DH gets ink stains often in his pockets, check out what Virginia wrote (it's on pg. 18) since her recommendations have proven effective from her USPS-employed DH coming home constantly w/ink stained pockets! Her secret key was "absorbption" and she was right! If I had applied what she suggested, I wouldn't have had to treat the 'backside' of my quilt when all the ink was blown to the back from different sprays I used, duh. We live and learn. People who live with having to remove ink stains constantly are experienced! Sure hope everyone will benefit from all the great tips here. There are just so many wonderful products out there to try but I like sticking with the 'tried and true' methods! Actually, I think the first line of defense for ink is the rubbing alcohol. It's the first thing we think about when we have an ink stain usually and a professional bridal gown restorer confirmed it's what they use first. Hope this helps you for any future spills! Thanks again, sylvia!!

:-D :-D ;) ;)