Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
moonwolf23

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Originally Posted by elizabeth
would you object to an all day boy/girl party with supervision? If not, let her go. I think it freaks people out when they hear boy, girl, all night, party in one sentence. BUT, I never had a daughter.
I had a son and a daughter both are now out of their teens. My answer would be the same. I have to know who the parents that are supervising the party, who will be attending the party, and what are the proposed activities.

Believe it or not, gender has nothing to do with many responses except that the female usually pays for mistakes for the next 18+ years the hard way. Male children are no less vulnerable because they might make those same mistakes and need to take responsibility for their actions as well. I do not need to cite statistics on birth control to tell you there are only two methods that are 100% effective and they are abstinance and sterilization.

Parents should not have to be a child's friend or be blackmailed by society into thinking that they should. I think that is where many of us make the big mistakes. Your childs friends are peers, parents are teachers of values, etc.
Yeah the likelihood that abstinence and sterility is going to be practiced is very very low.