View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Matilda

I used to have all my sewing in the dining room when my boys were home. We have a cape cod and the bedrooms were all being used. I have an L shaped office table that I use for my machines. This table covered 1/2 of my sliding glass door and I had fabric stacked under it in storage bins. When we took family pictures you could see all the clutter in the background. Some times the clutter wasn't so bad.

My younger son's bedroom was upstairs and when he married at 19 while he and his wife were on their honeymoon my husband and I did a clean out (he already had his stuff moved). We took out the carpet, painted the walls--which now have flowers on them, put in floating floor and moved all my sewing things in! My dining room emptied out in a hurry! I was so used to all the stuff there I couldn't believe how big the room really was!

So now I have a lot of space with a very nice closet for all my sewing table, cutting table, iron board and stash. I love it!

Originally Posted by nance-ell
I am currently working from my dining room (which is the first room you see when you come through my front door). I'm not crazy about the clutter and will have to clean it all up before the holidays, but the dining room table is a great workspace. I would love a more dedicated space, so I may end up moving it all upstairs to the office.

Where does everyone else work?