View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 AM
skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I have the bedroom upstairs now, mentioned before, and working on the garage conversion... but we're just finishing a basement, and he has 10' tall walls he wants a "man cave" but he's never home much now, so a pool table wouldn't get much use, or the room. So he said I could probably use that as a bigger sewing rm next. Then when the other half the basement is finished, we really don't need another family rm, so that could be my sewing rm, and it be about as nice as the garage, just no windows down there (man cave has 1 egress window), and I like natural light, being able to look outside at the flowers. Still, a bigger room would very much be appreciated no matter where. Yes, we had a very tiny home raising 5 children in 3 bedrooms for 25 yrs, bought a much bigger older home now, but when the kids come home for holidays, they've multiplied! We need more room now then as children, even when they aren't here all the time. I used to sew on the kitchen table and stash in my bedrm closet too. Some downsize, we upsized..more stairs and work as I get older, but still love the place. Photos added to share. My husband has built this place from a gutted to studs shell, 3 yrs ago it was weeds to the windows, it's come a long way.
WOW! With those beautiful views how do you come inside to get any sewing done?