View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 AM
janedee

Originally Posted by SunQuilts
Asking advice here. I can tell there are lots of dog lovers on this board. So here is my question. After losing our sweet Chow last year (he was 15 and we had had him since he was 6 weeks old), I am ready to get another dog. But which kind? I want a medium size dog -40 to 50 pounds tops - not terribly particular about the breed. Also I want an older dog - I figure he will have to put up with my age related aches and pains so I should be willing to put up with his. And besides I am not up to a puppy or very young dog's energy level. I have looked at the English springer spaniel rescue group and kind of like their looks. Any thoughts?
I personally would not go for a springer they can be very lively well into old age - I would suggest a Labrador (I might be biased as I have a 14 year old) she is so good natured and quite happy with her little walks - also over here (not sure about where you are) you can take in ex-racing greyhounds, apparantly they need short walks and are usually very well trained on the lead