View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 AM
cjaye44

Been there, done that too!! Back in the early 70's we lived in a split foyer house with the lower level almost underground. Very dark..that was the family room. I had my trusty old Kenmore in the cabinet sitting under the only window down there. My son had 250 of those little rubber Army men lined up on the window sill and all around my sewing machine. Every day I had to remove his "army" so I could sew. I had shelves built under the stairs for my "stuff". But I also didn't have as much then...no cutting mat, no rotary cutter, no rulers and not nearly as many gadgets as I do now. I cut pieces at the dining room table, then hauled everything back downstairs to my "studio". I basted my quilts on that ugly shag carpeting which had to be picked off the back before it could be quilted. Then it was back upstairs to be hand quilted in a hoop because of the better lighting. The good old days :lol: :lol: . Now the whole house is mine, all mine except for the dog and two cats of course!! So have patience, your time will come. It only took 40 years to get to this point.