View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I started with just a little corner table, but soon my oldest son moved out, so I took over his room! Yea! My own hideaway and I spread out and over the years, filled it up. I had a large desk, chest of drawers, a LARGE cutting/work table, and I could leave the ironing board UP!! Plus a whole closet to store all my fabrics and books/magazines. But it was MINE and I enjoyed organizing it and just hanging out (well, quilting too). That was in Vanuatu. Now, we live in San Diego as of earlier this year-bought a 4 bedroom house with our 2 sons, and my oldest son says the fourth bedroom (which I ASSUMED would be my quilting room) says it is to REMAIN a spare bedroom! SOOOO- I am relegated to a small nook, which I assume was a small dining room, but it is also shared with HIS desk & file cabinet and only leaves me with a small space-which I put up 2 x 6ft wire shelve units and 2 x 3ft units, with a narrow table sandwiched between. I no longer have a nice cutting table, and have to drag out the ironing board each time. I have had to put ALL my fabric in my closet in my bedroom. It just doesn't feel like my quilting room! Oh well, guess it could be worse.