View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
patchworkdivaGB

Hi I have been watching this subject with great interest. I too bought the Horizon in July and luckily (fingers crossed)its works fine. However just about a year ago a friend of mine bought the Janome 6260 QC for £400, sorry I,m not sure what that is in US$. Well this machine started doing its own thing. When she turned on it started machining on its own. She took it back to the dealer, who sent it to be repaired. When it came back she was told that the cpacitor had gone but had been replaced all under the warranty.
She took it home and used it for another couple of weeks and then it started missing stitches. So back it went to the dealer who sent it back to be repaired. In the meantime my friend wasn't happy about this so got in touch with Janome and told them what had happened and they told her that if the repairer had only replaced the capacitor and not the whole motherboard he was contovenying the EU regulations ( this is a European Regulatory board). So she went back to the dealer and told her this. Well she wasn't too pleased to say the least and the upshot is that if they have to fit a new motherboard she has asked my friend to pay half the cost.
Janome have said that they will do the repair under the warranty but she will have to bear the cost of couriering it to them and returning it.
It has come back from the repairer but there was no reference as to what has been done. My friend has been using it but says it doesn't feel like it use to but will see how it goes. I was quite shocked at how she has been treated and the attitude of Janome and just hope my Horizon
keeps going because I love it.
Hope everything works out for you. I do seemed to always be moaning about Janome don't I but I do like my machine and I love this forum.