View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:59 AM
mac

I have solved the problem of needing an automatic shut-off on my iron by plugging it into a wall plug that shuts off when you shut the light off in the room. I’ve never left my iron over night ever again. It is so annoying to have to wait for the iron to heat up each time you get up to use it. It got to the point that I was spending more time waiting for the iron to heat than I was ironing.

Regarding the Rowenta irons…
My first one lasted about 25 years it was great until DH dropped it then it leaked. I’ve purchased 2 Rowenta’s since then and they started leaking within a year or 2. My MIL also bought one and it leaked within a year’s time. That with all of the others on this site with complaints about leakage from this iron makes me a firm believer to NEVER buy another Rowenta again. Too bad, they used to be such a good iron.

The iron I am using now is a cordless Oreck. I can’t recommend a cordless iron either, as they are always heating themselves up. You iron for a minute or two and they need to go back onto the pedestal to reheat. More waste of time. Unfortunately, I put my other iron away and I can’t figure out where I put it. I’m worried that I took it to a sewing class or a retreat and left it there. So until I find my old iron I am stuck with the Oreck.