View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
fishnlady

[quote=
One of the best bobbin keepers I have was given to me. It is a 7-day pill keeper with straight sides, not curved. The one I have holds four to five bobbins in each day's compartment. Since it is translucent, it is possible to see thread color through it. One pill holder holds approximately 35 bobbins. I also found an opaque one at Mighty Dollar for you guessed it $1. They are handy for lots of small things as they snap shut.

Other than that I keep my thread in a Snap Ware Unit using a tip I picked up on line -- I secure the bobbin thread to the bobbin using a notebook reinforcement than use a golf tee through the hole in the bobbin and placed into the hole of the thread spool. This keeps the bobbin and thread together and I store extra bobbins in the pill keeper. I do this because all my sewing is done at my quilt guild meeing/UFO days.[/quote]

Aurora, would it be possible to see a picture of this bobbin/pill case you are talking about? I think that would be a great way to go for bobbins. Maybe others would like to see it too.
I also like your golf tee idea too but I store my thread on a thread holder that has the little dowels that come up through the spool of thread. Thank you in advance.