View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:27 AM
stevendebbie25

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I've adopted one & we've become good friends! I've adopted dasmith! Well I've become friends with her & we even talk on the phone about 2-3 times a week. I've told her I'm willing to help in any way I can on projects she's working on if she has problems. We've learned alot about each other & I can't wait to meet in person. She lives close to my favorite quilt shop so once things slow down here I hope to meet her for lunch & a drop in the shop!
That is wonderful! Part of why I wish they would post where they live. Doubt anyone is up here in ND, that would be great for me too.
Yes, becoming "friends" is an added bonus, I am home all the time so I can 'talk' or web cam or catch emails pretty fast throughout the day.
I'm also in another group, we're small & have grown very close, know whats happening to each other, and when we travel we see if anyone lives along our route. One came up to the Dakotas and met me, she's from Arizona. I went to OR and met one. I think Quilters always have a common thread that binds us..nothing else seems to matter ;D