Old 11-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Wunder-Mar

There are a few kinds of "unsettled" for me - angry, hurt, and overwhelmed. I cannot and will not sew when I am feeling angry (luckily I am "never" in this space), sometimes I can sew when I am feeling overwhelmed, but I CAN sew when I am feeling hurt. The overwhelm can be a challenge, though, so I finish ONE BLOCK, put it down and walk away. It may be just a few minutes, or a few hours or even a day, but I am back again, working on one more block ... and it doesn't even have to be the same project. If I can find something mindless, like cutting out a ton of bias strips for applique vining, I'll do that - I was going to have to do it sometime anyway - and the step away. The overwhelm for me is starting something and having the "have to finish it NOWTODAY" in the back of my mind. So I finish one part, put it down and walk away to do something else. Within a short time, a few days, I notice I am accomplishing something despite the overwhelm, despite accomplishing it slower than light speed, and it helps me move through the other overwhelm. I usually discover that the underlying reason for my "stuckness" reveals itself so I can work through that. Hope this helps.