Old 11-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
I don't know what's wrong with me. For about a month now, I haven't wanted to work on anything. I pick up something and work a minute and put it back down and get something else. Then I put it down. I can't seem to get back in the groove of things. I've had a lot going on in my life that I've had to deal with but around here, that's normal. I just can't seem to get my desire to quilt back. Maybe I'm burned out. Do any of yall ever feel this way???? How can I get that DESIRE back??? Help!!
We have this thread every once in a while. I think an awful lot of us go through this feeling sooner or later. It's a momentary burnout. I had one that lasted almost a year. Not really momentary I guess. I had begun thinking of what I would do with my billions of dollars worth of stuff. Then one day .. poof! it was gone. I can't remember what exactly happened to help me get my groove back. But I DO remember I went to a small but wonderful quilt show at, of all places, our local airport. Maybe that was the incentive I needed. Or maybe the cycle had just come to its own end. It's sort of like writer's block. Even Stephen King has had them. First, don't let yourself get all worried about it. Continue to be around other quilters and stay on this board. Look at all your quilt books, keep your mind involved. Stroke your fabric at least once a day. Rearrange your quilting spot. And enjoy your freedom for a while. You'll be OK. :lol: