View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Chasing Hawk

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
I just remember bits and pieces, rural but later, hunting frogs & polywoggs, down from the house, in a slu, swimming in an irrigation ditch, Mom & Dad taking care of the problem!! Visiting relatives back east, 7 in a car, what was a car seat, that thing that hung over the seat so the baby would be sure to fly out, Mom's hand wacking you right in the middle of the chest, once in a while if we needed to stop fast. (seat belt) Relatives phone , just dialing 4 numbers, but listen first to see if the lines clear.
Riding the bike w/the wagon attached and not turning fast enough, so who ever was riding ended up catching the bumper of the car (in the head) yes that was an accident!! Just playing outside, with whatever was around. Getting dusted off with the broom before coming in.
1 - 2 toys at Christmas tops, no long lists of pricey items. Grandma's on Sundays. Food out of a canning jar, the day the adults dressed 50 pullets yuk !! (could have survived without that one) LOL
I remember playing outside all day when I wasn't in school. We slept with the front door unlocked. My Dad and his friend would go out "froggin" Friday night. And on Saturday we had frog legs for supper. Or we would all pile in the car and go to the beach. Dad would fish from the pier and later that day we had fresh fish for dinner.