Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
janedee

that is a dreadful attitude for quilt shop don't they realise that there are alot of male quilters out there that do absolutely stunning work!! At least on here there is no difference you will get loads of help and advice just ask away
Originally Posted by eaglebeak1960
Hi guys, yes I am a male quilter, have any of you ever had this problem?? being a guy quilter in a woman dominated area has its draw backs. they kinda freaked out on me when I asked for help. I am a retired happily married man who just happens to love to quilt. SIGH then WHY do I get the feeling that when I go into a quilt shop unless I spend money there I am not wanted??? I asked for help (on a one on one basis) they could not be bothered to help I have been doing basic quilting for a number of years untill recently. Now I want to Improve my skills,

I even offered to have my wife sit in on the sessions. nope not intrested not for any price. SIGH I just want to quilt.

SOOOOOOOOO I am putting out a call here for any male quilters in my area that have advanced skill levels for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No No No I am not putting women down.

Yours in Quilting
Chris