Thread: accu cutter
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
stitchinfrenzy

I purchased a Go this spring with a mix and match set of dies for making 12" blocks. I saved over $200 by getting it from Amazon. I absolutely love it! I've added many of the dies to my collection and will be getting more for Christmas. If you check all the sellers on Amazon, you can save about 40% on the dies.

I guess I'm pretty lucky. A few months after I bought my Go, I entered the Friday Fun contest on Accuquilt's Facebook page and won a second Go! I donated it to my quilt guild to be used for our charity quilt projects and for our members to use. They love it!

It really saves a lot of time and all the available videos on u tube give you some wonderful tips on it's use, how to care for it, minimizing fabric waste, etc. To me it's the greatest invention since chocolate! Now I get inspired to quilt more easily because I'm constantly looking to see what I can cut with my Go.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about putting a piece of paper on the die. A sheet of paper placed over the fabric, directly under the cutting mat prevents the fabric from slipping and distorting. I've found this particularly useful when cutting strips.