View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Lisa

I want to thank everyone for your comments, they are very, very helpful. I should have mentioned that I have a Viking and I absolutely love it, it has "all" the features that I could ever ask for except......yep! The stitch regulator. It does have the plate for fmq but is has so many bad reviews I don't even want to consider it. It's true what some said about adopting someone else's machine, that's how I got my Viking. She is slowly approaching 20 years but you couldn't tell by how she sews. I already fmq on my Viking and I have done several quilts. My problem, I have a lead foot with my foot control and I get engrossed in what I'm doing and the next thing I know I'm speeding like a demon but I'm also losing stitch quality, the co-ordination of fmq and my foot going crazy gives me un-even stitches. Since I'm thinking about a new purchase I want to make sure I include a SR. You have all giving me good feedback to start my research and I appreciate it.
Ok, one last thing.....I love my little Sophie, she is precious, she looks so sweet and innocent and she has this deep-throated little voice (which kind of makes sense since she isn't always so so sweet! ha ha!!!) and Yes.....I do have a big stick!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas holiday!