View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
purrfectquilts

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
I think I have everyone beat. I started quilts for my 5 grandchildren 4 years ago. I started early in the year and planned to have them done by Christmas--every year. Meanwhile the girls were done last year, but I wanted to give them all at the same time. The boys outgrew their's a couple of years ago, so I had to start over with 2 new patterns. I finished them 2-3 weeks ago. Does that count towards getting them done in plenty of time? lol
Sue
I just had to smile when I read your post. I have been trying to get a quilt (big bed) made for each of my grandchildren for some time. Last year I bought all the fabrics for the designs in my head. Almost immediately, I was given 3 children of my military son to care for so not much sewing got done. By the time that was over, my other son changed his mind about what he wanted, so new designs and new fabric had to be acquired. Then, when I thought I had all planned, they are expecting another one (6 total). So, I am 3 down and 3 to go. They are getting impatient since it is now one year and a half. Oh, me. All you can do is keep plugging away.

I think you are right (smile); they will outgrown them before I get all through. There are several on this board that don't know it, but they are helping with this goal (total 10 grandchildren plus 4 children). Charisma will be doing some of the quilting and the fabric shop in Orchard Park, NY is the only place I have found to provide the "tools" fabric that one grandson has requested.

l out of 6 for one son's children
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147539[/ATTACH]

closeup of 1 out of 6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147540[/ATTACH]

closeup of 2 out of 6; avatar is whole quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147541[/ATTACH]

center of 4 out of 6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147542[/ATTACH]

whole quilt for 3 out of 6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147544[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147534.jpe   attachment-147535.jpe   attachment-147536.jpe   attachment-147537.jpe   attachment-147539.jpe