View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 AM
dmyers

i made 7 quilts this year for Christmas presents ranging from lap to king size. i'd have to say most enjoyed their gift. my little sister and brothers have been getting quilts since they were in college so it wasn't their first. spoiled huh. my little neice and nephew are young, 8&1 so i wasn't expecting much. but their parents, my brother could have shown more appreciation but i guess they are use to getting quilts from me since the kids have been born. my older brother did say he loved his, he is the one i posted the redskins quilt for. the relative that appreciated the quilts the most was my grandmother who didn't get a quilt from me this year. i sent her a quilt 10 yrs ago when i had first started making quilts. she was in awe and loved all the hard work put into the quilts given. so that was thank you enough! i enjoy making quilts and no the recipiant doesn't know the time, effort or the money put into the quilt when they can just go to target/walmart and buy a blanket for $20. i'm blessed with a husband that knows the hard work, appreciates the time and supports the money i put into the quilts for others and that pleases me. he's my biggest fan and the sad thing is that i have yet to make him a quilt. i'll always love making quilts and especially for those who love to have a quilt. but i know i'll encounter someone who doesn't and that's ok with me.