View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 AM
moreland

Originally Posted by deema
...which would you prefer? :lol:

I wanted to make a quilt for my Granny for Christmas, but time just didn't allow it and I didn't even have the chance to get it started, and bought her something. So I'm going to make one now, and give it to her "just because". But I'm stuck. Granny is 78 and I'm sure she would love anything I made just because I made it for her...but I have too many options and don't know what to do. LOL

I'm making a single irish chain lap quilt. Traditionally, they seem to be just two contrasting colours...Below are my options. One of them is a collection of coordinating FQ's I have that I'd use either each in separate 9P's or all of them in one...I don't know...
She will love whatever you do, but let me suggest you put a fleece backing on it. I love the feel of the fleece and it is warm and flexible. Really makes a quilt special. (I'm your grandmother's age.) PS--the fleece takes a minimum of quilting--you can do as much or as little as you like. I usually do a couple of rows of stitching each directions just to anchor the fleece. I do not put any batting in, but I do look for heavy weight fleece. There is a great difference in the fleeces on the market now. We will be looking forward to seeing your quilt when you get it done.