View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 AM
GrammaBabs

It is so very sad when something like a hobby gets to be so expensive.... think about this... quilting/knitting/crochet or sewing in general used to be a "necessity"... it's now supposed to be for pleasure,,, and not cost effective at all... I'm at a lucky place in my life and can afford to enjoy the hobby,,, but i am determined to use the enormous stash i've managed to create over the years... i am going to pic colors from my "wall" of fabric and if need be, get a solid to work them together..(sheets can work too, i've found out).. they will probably be for charity or raffles anyway..
I worked in yarn shops and fabric shops all my life.. home dec as well, so needles to say, my sewing room is "stuffed" to put it mildly, but i'm gonna "work it down"...
ps... for those of you that haven't visited... there is a site called "quiltville" that has the most wonderful girl sharing her scrap ideas for organizing and storing and making.... Bonnie Hunter i believe,,, check the site and you'll be there for hours.. finding ways to use up all that you have, no matter what color!!!! i think!!!!
HNY... hugs Barbara