View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Pommom

Originally Posted by Judie
Times are hard.. It's wonderful that you can have your son back home for a time. I had my son and DIL move in with us during the last big recession, they took over my sewing room too.. I moved most of my stuff to plasic bins, removed an end table and used a small sewing machine in a tiny cabinet there.. cut on top of my dresser, and pushed the threads and stings into a top drawer I had emptied. I kept things under the bed, under the couch, stacked behind most everything. It was inconvenient, but I didn't want my kids living on the street. One was in college and the other finally (finally) got a job as a night watchman at a trucking company.. It was hard on them, hard on us, but it was what was right. Sometimes being without a job isn't because they are not trying, it just happens. Now that they have finally moved out and have lived in their own home for several years I realize that it was a great time. I lived out in front of them one of the most important things in this life.. taking care of each other. I have my sewing area back, I can do whatever I wish, so it was not that big of a sacrifice. They are so much more important than having my sewing room just the way I want it!

Just remember, all things pass in time.. this is just for a season. Be gracious, who knows, you may need to live with him before it's all over and done with.
Thank you for sharing your experience and for your beautiful comments. I feel better just thinking about the situation this way.