View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
PKWard

You have a smart son and daughter-in-law. We have four kids and when we hired a babysitter to go out to dinner or a movie it always irritated me when other people's children disturbed our time. I don't know why parents think it's okay for their kids to run around the restaurant or movie.

Also, our youngest child is handicapped..even with his disabilities he is better behaved than most children.

Originally Posted by libbyboi
Originally Posted by auntiehenno
As a retired educator, I wish more parents would have done as you. You should give them flack and tell them to grow up!!!!
Amen to that Auntiehenno,My son and his wife keep a close eye and hand on their two girls. both spirited little 6 & 7yr.olds and They started their training early. They don't get away with much.They are taught to respect the teachers and grandparents the same as parents. When we went to Dinner at Red Lobster, and walking in My son started questioning them, (what type voice do we use?)the girls(inside voice) son (what type of activity?) girls(sitting at the table, no running around) so on.LOL had to laugh,they sounded like it was a regular drill each time they went out to eat. but it works and we all had a nice dinner,even the people at the next table.