View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 AM
candi

Originally Posted by dorothymsmith
I am looking for a better way to store my stash so it is visible, but neat. I like neat. I have it all divided by colors, most stacked on shelves. the stacks are not stable when I have to pull out from the bottom of the stack. I tried draws, but then have to go through the drawer to see what is on the bottom. any ideas out there. I want fabric so I can see the colors and design while looking at the stack so I can compare without pulling from the stack. I am slightly a neat freak. My sewing room is messy while I am working, but once a week, I have to fold everything an put away. then start over again.
I need help.
Dorothy, I like neat too. This is what I came up with: I fold my fabric yardage on a ruler so it is all uniform in fold size, and then stack it in plastic drawer units so that the fold is visible, this works well for me, I am really liking it. BTW, I use a smaller ruler to fold the less than 1/2 yards pieces and FQ and stack the same way. Here is a picture, this may give you ideas for your stash.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159983.jpe