View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 07:27 AM
Elizabeth A.

Originally Posted by Barbm
Elizabeth- what model do you have?

There's one on craigslist locally that I saw and was unsure.

thanks!
Mine is a Brother ULT 2001. I just love it. It's a great machine for any level of sewer and trust me I never thought I would say that. When you get into the high end machines the sewing machine companies think of them as a long term investment at plan on supporting then at least 10 years. Oh inspite of what my DH said (that I should get a machine with Disney) my machine isn't a "D" machine and therefore doesn't do it, but I don't mind, it's wonderful anyway.

The ULT 2001 takes cards and floppy disks. Trust me this is a nice feature especially for those of us who have a floppy still on our PC's. The disks cost a bit more than they used to but not like the cards. Newer machines now take a USB which would be a great feature allowing for the storage of more designs on one thing (currently I think mine stores about 30 or maybe a bit more per disk), but the time it takes to put it on the disk or chip is the same.

My Elna is brand new, and I feel I'm better supported by Brother with my used machine than my new Elna. Of course I bought both online which you're not supposed to be able to do with Elna so that might be part of it.

Margie is exactly right about the Brother and the Babylock though. The Brother ULT is just like the Babylock Ellageo. Here is the Ellageo [img]http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...-Ellageo-3.jpg[/img] As you can see the Ellageo is just a bit more boxy, but that boxy look is gone completely gone in the newer Babylock models.

And this is my Brother ULT 2001
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23703[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23703.jpe