Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM
cathyvv

Originally Posted by SherriB
We have very few shops to choose from in our area. One shop closed and moved to Ohio. The ladies who worked there were friendly but you could tell who the regulars were very quickly. The other big store is hit or miss on being friendly. The first time I went, I felt like I was in their way by asking them to cut some fabric. I have gone back a couple times, bu only when they have something I need and can't find elsewhere.

Two new shops opened up recently. The first is less than 5 minutes from my home. They badmouthed the other 2 quilt stores and that made me very uncomfortable. The other shop that opened made me feel very unwanted and I will not be going back to that one.

Strange to say, but I have gotten the friendliest help from our Walmart. Even people who don't work in fabrics but come over to cut it, are very nice.
I agree with you. The folks who work in fabric in Walmart are very friendly and very helpful. The prices would make me overlook unfriendly help, but luckily the ladies and gents who work in fabric and crafts have always been delightful!