Old 01-22-2011, 06:21 PM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I'm questioning why you made the second one, much les started the third!!!
Well, each time he promises to use it so I cave in and make it. The first one I really do wish he would toss as it was my very first quilt and looks so terrible(to me). It is queen-size and I used high loft batting and tried to outline stitch each piece. Nothing lined up right and was just not a good way to start quilting. I have not used high-loft batting since then as it was terrible to machine stitch thru! Didn't know at the time that it is used mainly for tie quilts. So, I learned a ton of lessons and just am so embarrassed by the whole thing, to this day.
Sorry for rambling there. The Trek quilt was specially made for him out of his old shirts and is reversible. The back side has more t-shirts and sayings on it as well. He couldn't wait to get it so it kept me going. I did make him a 2nd one last year and after I pieced the top he decided it was just to psychedelic(sp?) for him so middle son snagged it.

I then started a pp Harry Potter quilt for him and am halfway thru it, he decided it is to labor-intensive to be used and informed me it will go with the Trek quilt. Needless to say, put a huge damper on finishing it for me. I really want to replace that ratty nasty looking "thing" he uses now but he refuses to cooperate!