View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Nolee

Originally Posted by montanajan
Sounds like a very nice quilt. Though I'd never say it, I'd be tempted to tell her it IS a real quilt & someone else would appreciate it, thank you very much!! Maybe she is just stressed right now. The world on the back is a thoughtful gesture as a Daddy reminder.
Give it to him anyway & don't apologize for anything - it is supposed to be the love that matters, not the pattern, panel, how many hours it took you to get nice borders.
Sometimes we simply have to 'bite our tongue' & smile - be a better person than she was in this situation.
Give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't mean it, didn't think first or just was stressed. I guess it depends how she treats you the rest of the time. The above advice is excellent. Long after that little boy is grown up and becomes a man, long after that "Tomater" doesn't turn him on any longer, he is going to remember Gramma's gift and treasure it and perhaps pass it along to a future son. Think of it that way. Love is all that matters and you are demonstrating your love for HIM in a quilt no one else will ever have. Feel good about doing this, and don't worry about what anyone else says AND be sure to send us a picture when you are done. :)