View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Billie G

I had a male Yorky that was given to me as a puppy. After MULTIPLE times of moping the floor, I went to Petsmart to get something that would deter him from hosing the bathroom door frame-the carpet behind the couch-my log bed-and any where else he decided to hose. He would only poop on the carpet behind couch.
Believe me, I tried everything!!! I think some of the stuff was an attractant! And if they tell you that this or that will take the smell/stain out. They lie!
My nephew moved into a house that had had pets & still had a VERY strong odor. He hired a professional & that guy said that if you would put straight bleach on the spot, that will usually work. mop it up & mop w/ plain water. SEVERAL times. Worked for him, he has had several dogs since & they do not go in the house.
I really didn't want to put straight bleach on my carpet, but after weeping legs from dh congestive heart failure, bleach was the only option. I used diluted bleach, dh died, Yorkie died @ 10years, & as soon as the shorthair goes, I'm getting new carpet & no more pets.
That's how I solved my problem
Billie G