View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
mypatookis

If you've ever had a dog who was "one of your kids" which they all should be... and ever cared for him when he got sick... which they do from time to time. If you've ever felt the unconditional love of a dog... you will never EVER, EVER hit your dog.
A whole lot of love, patience, and perseverance and your dog will not only do what you want, but love you for teaching him. It's an on-going learning experience for both of you.
Love your dog for all he's worth. Their time on this earth is not nearly long enough. Four weeks ago today, we had to say goodbye to our Jake dog of nearly 12 years. Our hearts are broken. It is the first time in over 35 years we have lived without a pet in our lives. Just this week we decided to find another dog to love. He will not replace Jake, but start to fill the hole in our hearts left by his death. RIP Jake... you were the best! ( Casey, Mindi, PW, Tyler, and Sadie too!) so wonderful... with lives WAY too short. Especially Tyler ...he had lymphoma and after several thousand dollars of chemo and a few more months, he died at 6 yrs. Would never put another dog through that. Thought he could be cancer-free. He was a fabulous dog and friend. Sorry, I digressed. Wow, where did THAT come from? :oops:
Anyway...I don't believe in outside dogs, but I do agree with regular potty training and taking him where he needs to go to do his thing. When we walk the dog, the walk goes as long as it takes him to go! DogHouseMom was right on the money! Great post!!