View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:06 AM
stevendebbie25

Originally Posted by Trinity
I am a newbie and would love to be adopted. Now if I can only figure out this chat thing, I will be good!
Chatting here in newbie's, simply post a specific question, and any number who have experience will jump in and answer to help you, hoping to help many at the same time.

If you want to PM someone (Personal Message direct to only that person), click on their name top of their avatar (photo) to left of this message. When their name opens up, there is a place for "send a PM" click that, and it opens like sending an email direct to that person only. When she responds, you'll get an email, you open the blue link and it takes you directly to her message to you, you respond there, the same as you do here.

If you want to jump in on any conversation on this group, find what your comment pertains to, don't even have to be the last message, but it's helpful if you "quickquote" to that message, the answer will be printed in the same box, theirs is lighter, yours bolder, so we know what your responding to. OR create your own new question or new topic at the top of Main (for topic) and bottom of last page in these postings is an open box, put your title & message and send to the particular group your in at the time.

If it's Chat Room, it's at the top of the page. Click it and wait a minute it takes a little to upload. Then your name pops in at the top of the list of people there at that moment. There is a place on the bottom for you to type a mini message. Send. Everyone will see it. some come up in colors. Read what's being talked about, jump in with a question or comment and join the conversation.

I hope this helps you navegate the group. Enjoy and make friends.