Thread: Need motivation
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 08:43 AM
dojo36

Originally Posted by dcurvey
This has been one hell of a year. We lost grandpa (uncle to me) in April and I have been going back and forth across provinces till my aunt 9whom I called mom) passed late October. I have not been able to get the sewing machine going..is it cause she taught ne to sew? I have quite a few projects to do but can't seem to get going. I did make all the Christmas gifts as usual but can't seem to decorate. I go to church but end up crying half way through. Any advice on how to get going again?
on a piece of paper, make 2 columns, one for your heartaches and the other one for your blessings. that's what i've done before and it sure helps me - my blessings column is much longer. i had major major surgery in july of this year and i'm so much better but still not completely back to par, but i wake up every morning and thank God that I'm alive, and can think - see - feel - care - sew & quilt - and do a little cooking and housework. everybody needs time to heal in times of loss, but hopefully it will soon be a memory of the past and not so much in the "now".