View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:32 PM
maryb44662

Originally Posted by 117becca
I just finished this full-size Grandma's Flower Garden quilt tonite. My 80 yr old aunt hand-pieced this during the 50s or 60s and gave it to me about 10 yrs ago :oops:

I added the border so that it will fit a full-size bed (my bed is queensize)

She doesn't know i finished it, i'm going to take it to her over President's day weekend
Becca, I am working on one of these and it is really a challenge getting everything to line up correctly. I have seven circles done and put together, working now on more to add. The pattern that I have calls for 67 blocks for a queen sized bed. This will be MY quilt for MY bed when I finish. My three girls will have to decide who gets it at my death...lol. I won't make another one, that is for sure. Takes too much time. I am machine piecing mine and will machine quilt it as well. I think it will hold up longer besides, I don't like doing hand stitching. Right now I have double wedding ring for middle daughter (already made one for baby daughter) on the quilting frame and I really have to make myself sit down and hand quilt on that quilt. I really have to be in the mood...lol. Your quilt is just beautiful. I know your Aunt will enjoy it very much.